May 2023 Real Estate Market Statistics for Naples, Florida
For the first time after several months of rising prices, the cost for single-family homes in Naples has dipped. Homes in our city saw a 1 percent price decrease in May 2023, since the same time last year.
Now is a great time to get into the market for a new home in Naples!
A diverse demographic, including retirees, empty-nesters, snowbirds, vacationers, and investors, settle in our city to taste a slice of paradise.
Warm Gulf breezes, sugar-soft white sand beaches, world-class golfing, high-end shopping, fine dining, and lively entertainment beckon.
Key May 2023 Real Estate Market Statistics for Naples and Southwest Florida
Here’s what you need to know about home sales in Naples, and the dynamics of the real estate market throughout Southwest Florida for May 2023:
- The median sale price for single-family homes in Naples slipped by 1 percent from May 2022 to May 2023.
- In Collier County the median sale price for single-family homes decreased by $40,000—from $850,000 in May 2022 to $810,000 in May 2023, per data from Florida Gulf Coast University (FGCU). Now is a great time to take advantage of this price dip.
- May data from the Naples Area Board of Realtors (NABOR) shows that homes for sale in Naples averaged less than two months on the market, and new listings decreased by 31 percent. With homes spending a relatively short time on the market, and less inventory to choose from—you shouldn’t hesitate to put in an offer on a home you love!
Consider These Other Reasons Why Now May Be One of Your Best Opportunities to Buy a Home in Naples
Take a look at this employment and economic overview of Naples and other parts of Southwest Florida for May 2023:
Labor Force and Employment
- In Collier County the unemployment rate was 2.7 percent in May 2023, which was an increase of 0.1 percent from the month prior, according to FGCU, but well below the May 2023 national average of 3.7 percent recorded by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Sales tax helps state and local municipalities to raise revenue. Here are taxable sales figures for May 2023:
- Seasonally-adjusted real taxable sales in Collier County totaled $1.098 billion in March 2023, a decrease of 2 percent from March 2022 and virtually unchanged from February 2023.
- Seasonally-adjusted real taxable sales in Lee County amounted to $1.719 billion in March 2023, a decline of 4 percent from the same time last year, according to data from FGCU.
Tourist Tax Revenues
- Seasonally-adjusted real tourist tax revenues in Collier County totaled $3.3 million in April 2023, a decrease of less than 1 percent from the previous month.
- The seasonally-adjusted real tourist tax revenues in Lee County amounted to $2.6 million in April 2023, a decline of 5 percent from March 2023.
Airport Passenger Activity
- Airport passenger traffic at Southwest Florida International Airport (RSW) totaled 832,190 in May 2023, a 10 percent jump from the month before.
At Alexandra Janz AJ International Group Naples, the team of Alexandra Janz & Juergen Haeringer, Broker Associates & Luxury Properties Specialists with William Raveis-Florida, LLC, help clients realize their dreams of purchasing a luxury home and basking in the glow of the Naples and Southwest Florida luxury lifestyle. Alexandra is not only an expert in the real estate market in Naples and Southwest Florida, but in international markets as well.
Are You Buying or Selling a Home in Naples?
Selling your home is a big deal, so you need to work with a REALTOR® who can get it right. We know how to market your home to all the right buyers, regardless of its price point. We’ll help you sell your home quickly and at the best possible price!
If you’re looking for a home for sale in Naples, we’re here to help. We specialize in luxury real estate and can show you any listing. In the meantime, please feel free to explore what’s available now:.
- Pelican Bay homes for sale
- Homes for sale in 34102
- Homes for sale in gated communities in Naples
- Golf course homes for sale in Naples
- Aqualane Shores luxury homes for sale
- Old Naples homes for sale
- Homes for sale in Talis Park, Naples
- Park Shore (Naples) homes for sale
- Homes for sale in Moorings
- Condos for sale in Moorings
- Coquina Sands homes for sale
- Tiburon homes for sale
- Grey Oaks homes for sale
- Pine Ridge homes for sale
- Homes for sale in Pelican Marsh
You can also browse all Naples homes for sale.
FREE Home Valuation
Fill out the form below and we will send you a FREE NO OBLIGATION CMA on your home that includes your homes' true value in todays market, recent nearby sold comparisons, pending properties and more valuable market data.