Naples, Florida is a jewel of the Gulf, and if you’re thinking about buying a home here to enjoy stretches of sugar-soft sands and manicured golf greens, consider this snapshot of its thriving real estate market and economy, as well as that of the Southwest Florida region, so you can make the best decision possible when considering putting down roots in this beautiful city—whether you choose a luxury home in Naples, or a stunning property elsewhere in picturesque Southwest Florida.
Key August 2022 Market Statistics for Naples and Southwest Florida
Homes for sale in Naples and in other sought-after cities throughout the Southwest Florida region continue to increase in value. Check out these stats:
- The median sale price for single-family residences in Naples saw a year-to-year increase in August 2022, rising 18.2 percent from August 2021—underscoring the city’s enduring allure. In fact, 67 percent of homes in Naples sold for over 95 percent of their list price in August 2022.
- The median home price for a single-family residence in Collier County, home to Naples, increased by $135,000—from $620,000 in August 2021 to $755,000 in August 2022.
- Condos in Naples jumped in value between August 2021 and August 2022, seeing a 34.9 percent rise in the median sale price.
- Single-family homes in Naples don’t remain on the market long. In August 2022 homes sold within an average of 31 days after being listed, and 95 percent of those residences sold within 90 days on the market. So if you find a home you love, you should act swiftly.
- The inventory of homes for sale in Naples increased by 87.5 percent from August 2021 to August 2022, which means you’ve got more opportunities to find your dream house. With more homes available on the market, you may also have more leverage with sellers when it comes to negotiating a deal.
- Southwest Florida’s coastal counties saw a total of 2,013 single-family homes sold in August 2022. That’s a 4 percent increase over the previous month.
More Significant Statistics That May Mean Now is the Perfect Time to Buy in Naples
Consider these facts when gauging the health of Southwest Florida’s local economy. If you happen to be thinking about opening a business after you move to Naples, read on to learn about the diverse skillset of the region’s robust labor force:
- The number of employed workers in Southwest Florida rose by more than 22,000 in July 2022 over July 2021, and the number of unemployed people decreased by over 10,000. The region’s total labor force saw an increase of 12,139 from July 2021 to July 2022, with the coastal counties experiencing growth. Collier County’s unemployment rate was 2.5 percent in July 2022, which was down 1.4 percent from July 2021.
- The Industry Diversification Index (IDI), developed by Florida Gulf Coast University, is a measure of the extent to which the skillset of a workforce is concentrated within a few industries or spread out across many. The IDI ranges from 0 to 10—a higher number indicates a more industrially-diverse workforce. Southwest Florida’s IDI measured at 5.26, placing it among the top 10 most industrially-diverse workforce regions in The Sunshine State (out of 24 jurisdictions).
- Tax revenues from tourism in Collier County totaled $4.6 million in June 2022—up 1 percent from the same time last year, and an increase of 3 percent from May 2022.
- Southwest Florida’s taxable sales totaled $3.592 billion in June 2022, according to the Florida Department of Revenue— an increase of 10 percent from June 2021, and a 3 percent uptick from May 2022. Collier County’s taxable sales were $1.204 billion in June 2022—a 7 percent rise from June 2021, and a 3 percent rise from May 2022.
Find out how much your home is worth now!
Are You Buying or Selling a Home in Naples?
Selling your home is a big deal, so you need to work with a REALTOR® who can get it right. We know how to market your home to all the right buyers, regardless of its price point. We’ll help you sell your home quickly and at the best possible price!
If you’re looking for a home for sale in Naples, we’re here to help. We specialize in luxury real estate and can show you any listing. In the meantime, please feel free to explore what’s available now:
- Pelican Bay homes for sale
- Homes for sale in 34102
- Homes for sale in gated communities in Naples
- Golf course homes for sale in Naples
- Aqualane Shores luxury homes for sale
- Old Naples homes for sale
- Homes for sale in Talis Park, Naples
- Park Shore (Naples) homes for sale
- Homes for sale in Moorings
- Condos for sale in Moorings
- Coquina Sands homes for sale
- Tiburon homes for sale
- Grey Oaks homes for sale
- Pine Ridge homes for sale
- Homes for sale in Pelican Marsh
You can also browse all Naples homes for sale.
FREE Home Valuation
Fill out the form below and we will send you a FREE NO OBLIGATION CMA on your home that includes your homes' true value in todays market, recent nearby sold comparisons, pending properties and more valuable market data.