August 2023 Real Estate Market Statistics for Naples, Florida
The main takeaway from real estate market conditions in Naples for August 2023 is: Home values continued their upward trajectory and rose by 5 percent since the same time last year. It should be obvious that if you’re interested in buying a luxury home in Naples or a beautiful property elsewhere in Southwest Florida, you’ll be making a smart move!
Not only is Naples a natural beauty, but it touts some of the best arts and entertainment events in Southwest Florida. Add to that: high-end shopping and fine dining, lush golf greens, pristine beaches—of course, and some of the finest luxury homes and upscale communities in the state, and you’ve got a destination that’s virtually unparalleled. People who seek a luxury lifestyle, whether they are retirees, empty-nesters, snowbirds, vacationers or investors, all know that when they cross the Naples city limits—they have arrived!
Key August 2023 Real Estate Market Statistics for Naples and Southwest Florida
Here’s a snapshot of what you need to know about home sales and the dynamics of the real estate market in Naples for August 2023:
- The median sale price for single-family homes in Naples rose by just over 5 percent from August 2022 to August 2023.
- Homes for sale in Naples don’t sit on the market very long. The average listing lasts for a little more than 30 days before a buyer lays claim. So, when you find a home you love, it’s best to move swiftly before your potential dream home becomes the one that got away!
Other Reasons Why There’s No Better Time Than Now to Buy a Home in Naples
Take a look at this employment and economic snapshot of Naples, and other parts of Southwest Florida for August 2023:
Labor Force and Employment
Unemployment in Collier County was 2.9 percent in August 2023, per data from Florida Gulf Coast University (FGCU). However, this is nearly a full percentage point below the national average of 3.8 percent in August 2023, as reported by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
State and local municipalities raise revenue through sales tax. Here are snapshots of taxable sales figures for Collier County, and other parts of Southwest Florida:
- In Collier County, seasonally-adjusted real taxable sales amounted to $1.146 billion in June 2023—a rise of 4 percent from June 2022 and May 2023.
- According to figures from FGCU, seasonally-adjusted real taxable sales in Lee County totaled $1.765 billion in June 2023, a 2 percent dip from June 2022.
Tourist Tax Revenues
- Seasonally-adjusted real tourist tax revenues in Collier County amounted to $3.8 million in July 2023—a 6 percent increase from the month prior, and 3 percent more than July 2022.
- Seasonally-adjusted real tourist tax revenues in Lee County totaled $2.5 million in July 2023, a dip of 4 percent since June 2023.
- In coastal counties, the seasonally-adjusted real tourist tax revenues were $6.5 million in July 2023.
Airport Passenger Activity
- FGCU’s most recent data shows that passenger traffic for Southwest Florida International Airport (RSW) totaled 881,748 in July 2023, which was a rise of 3 percent from the month prior.
At Alexandra Janz AJ International Group Naples, the team of Alexandra Janz & Juergen Haeringer, Broker Associates & Luxury Properties Specialists with William Raveis-Florida, LLC, help clients realize their dreams of purchasing a luxury home and basking in the glow of the Naples and Southwest Florida luxury lifestyle. Alexandra is not only an expert in the real estate market in Naples and Southwest Florida, but in international markets as well.
Are You Buying or Selling a Home in Naples?
Selling your home is a big deal, so you need to work with a REALTOR® who can get it right. We know how to market your home to all the right buyers, regardless of its price point. We’ll help you sell your home quickly and at the best possible price!
If you’re looking for a home for sale in Naples, we’re here to help. We specialize in luxury real estate and can show you any listing. In the meantime, please feel free to explore what’s available now:..
- Pelican Bay homes for sale
- Homes for sale in 34102
- Homes for sale in gated communities in Naples
- Golf course homes for sale in Naples
- Aqualane Shores luxury homes for sale
- Old Naples homes for sale
- Homes for sale in Talis Park, Naples
- Park Shore (Naples) homes for sale
- Homes for sale in Moorings
- Condos for sale in Moorings
- Coquina Sands homes for sale
- Tiburon homes for sale
- Grey Oaks homes for sale
- Pine Ridge homes for sale
- Homes for sale in Pelican Marsh
You can also browse all Naples homes for sale.
FREE Home Valuation
Fill out the form below and we will send you a FREE NO OBLIGATION CMA on your home that includes your homes' true value in todays market, recent nearby sold comparisons, pending properties and more valuable market data.