If you’re thinking about buying a home in Naples, Florida, there’s never been a better time than right now. That’s because the real estate market and the local economy are thriving – and this beautiful area may be the perfect place for you to live. This comprehensive guide explores all the economic indicators in Southwest Florida so you can make the best possible decision when you’re considering moving to or investing in Naples.
Important July 2022 Market Statistics for Naples and Southwest Florida
Check out these exciting facts about the real estate market in Naples for July 2022:
- Listings in coastal counties were up 25 percent from May 2022 to June 2022. These listings were 84 percent higher than they were in June 2021, which indicates great availability for you to find your dream home here.
- Homes are only spending an average of 14 days on the market, which is an incredibly quick turnaround (and means that if you’re interested in a home, you need to act quickly before someone else buys it).
- Home inventory is up 47.1 percent, which means there are more homes available on the market than there have been all summer (and last summer). When there are more homes available, you have a better selection – and you may have more leverage negotiating with sellers.
- Coastal counties in Southwest Florida had a total of 2.491 single-family homes for sale by REALTORS®. (The available data, which comes from Florida Gulf Coast University, doesn’t account for homes listed as for sale by owner.)
- Median prices for single-family homes continued to rise once again, increasing between 19 and 27 percent from June 2021 to June 2022. It’s no secret that Naples is a highly desirable place to live, and as we head into the cooler months, you can expect these numbers to shift. That means now may be the right time for you to start looking for your next home.
- Single-family building permits decreased by 6 percent between June 2021 and June 2022, which means there’s slightly less new construction going on now. Though that may change in the coming months, if you’re searching for a new construction home in Naples, fall may be your time to shine.
Other Important Statistics That May Mean Now is the Time for You to Buy in Naples
Because the local economy is thriving, with tourist tax revenues for the Southwest Florida region up by 5 percent, Naples may be the ideal place for you to retire – or start a business. Here are a few other important facts about the local economy that may get you pretty excited about the prospect of buying a home in Naples:
- Tourist tax revenues in Collier County were $4.4 million, which is a significant increase over last year. (That’s 17 percent higher than last year’s tourist tax revenues.)
- In all of Southwest Florida, taxable sales data (provided by the Florida Department of Revenue) totaled $3.487 billion in May 2022, an increase of 7 percent over the previous year.
- Unemployment has been steadily decreasing for months. In fact, between May and June 2022, the number of people employed in Southwest Florida increased by 4,564 – a great sign that businesses are doing exceptionally well in post-pandemic Florida. In Collier County, the unemployment rate is just over 2 percent; that’s a near-record low.
- Southwest Florida’s coastal counties gave out 1,789 single-family building permits in June 2022 – the last month for which data is available at this time. That means construction is still happening; there are several fantastic neighborhoods featuring newly built homes all over Naples and the surrounding communities.
Are You Buying or Selling a Home in Naples?
Selling your home is a big deal, so you need to work with a REALTOR® who can get it right. We know how to market your home to all the right buyers, regardless of its price point. We’ll help you sell your home quickly and at the best possible price!
If you’re looking for a home for sale in Naples, we’re here to help. We specialize in luxury real estate and can show you any listing. In the meantime, please feel free to explore what’s available now:
- Pelican Bay homes for sale
- Homes for sale in 34102
- Homes for sale in gated communities in Naples
- Golf course homes for sale in Naples
- Aqualane Shores luxury homes for sale
- Old Naples homes for sale
- Homes for sale in Talis Park, Naples
- Park Shore (Naples) homes for sale
- Homes for sale in Moorings
- Condos for sale in Moorings
- Coquina Sands homes for sale
- Tiburon homes for sale
- Grey Oaks homes for sale
- Pine Ridge homes for sale
- Homes for sale in Pelican Marsh
You can also browse all Naples homes for sale.
FREE Home Valuation
Fill out the form below and we will send you a FREE NO OBLIGATION CMA on your home that includes your homes' true value in todays market, recent nearby sold comparisons, pending properties and more valuable market data.