Naples Real Estate Market Showed Resilience and Strength!
A new Real Estate Year in Southwest Florida is starting but what happened in 2017? How was the Real Estate Market in Naples? The good news is the year-end report showed a 4 percent increase in closed sales to 8,815 in 2017 compared to 8,510 in 2016. This is great considering the hurricane and therefore Naples and Southwest Florida lost over a month of real estate activity. Especially the condominiums in the $1 to $2 million price category were the “shining star” in 2017.
Here a short overview:
- Annual Pending Sales increased 2% in 2017 from 2016
- Annual Closed Sales increased 4% in 2017 from 2016
- Annual Median Closed Price increased 3% in 2017 from 2016
- Annual Inventory decreased 8% in 2017 from 2016
- Annual Average Days on Market increased 17% in 2017 from 2016
So what is going on this year? Will the sales increase more? What about the inventory? Unfortunately we do not have the crystal ball but what we see is that Naples and Southwest Florida are growing! The Collier County´s Permanent Population is around 365,136 people and in the City of Naples there are 19,537 residents living there permanently. Collier County is expecting to grow close to 500,000 residents in 2040.
That means? It is time to invest in a growing market with a lot of possibilities.
But not only the growth is why you should think about investing in Naples and Surroundings. It is much more why Naples and Collier County is “The Place” to live in Florida. And guess why?
- Collier County is still the warmest place in the nation!
- Happiest and healthiest community in the USA!
- Wealthiest County in Florida!
- Naples, topped the list of metropolitan areas that are expected to see the most economic growth next year (IHS Global Insight)!
- Naples tops list as the least polluted city in America!
- CCSO reports the lowest Crime Rate levels in recorded history in 2016 (2015-2016 7.8% decrease)
- Beautiful and clean public beaches!
- 2017’s Best Beach Towns to Live in!
and last but not least – People who live in the Naples area live longer than anywhere else in the country – Univ. of Washington!
So what do you think? Points enough to think about moving to Naples? Build a Custom Home? Or maybe purchase your second home in Southwest Florida!
Call us or email us and we will be on your side to make your step to Southwest Florida and find your home or investment which fits your needs!