Ready to Sell Your Home in Naples? 3 of Your Real Estate Questions Answered
Take a look at the answers to these real estate questions, which may likely be front of mind if you’re looking to sell your home in Naples.
- What is a seller’s market?
- Should I hire a home stager?
- What should be disclosed to buyers?
Question #1. What is a seller’s market?
A seller’s market means that the demand for homes is greater than the number of properties that are available on the market. This can inspire competing homebuyers to pay over the listing price for homes they love, and lead to bidding wars. A scarcity of properties can ultimately cause home prices to rise, and give sellers the upper hand with buyers when negotiating a deal.
A seller’s market can also help properties to sell more quickly during months that are typically slower, based on locality.
When it comes to Naples, the home values in our city have experienced a months-long upward trajectory, and saw a 9 percent increase in value in February 2023, since the same time last year.
Consistent increases in home values in Naples are yet another example of the city’s mass appeal as a highly-desirable destination for people from all over the world. With Naples’s warm Gulf breezes, sugar-soft white sand beaches, top-notch golfing, the finest in dining and upscale shopping, and lively entertainment—who can blame them?
Related: February 2023 Real Estate Market Statistics for Naples Florida
Question #2. Should I hire a home stager?
It’s a fact that staged homes tend to sell faster and for more money than ones that aren’t staged. But that doesn’t necessarily mean that you have to hire a professional stager. There are simple and effective things you can do to ready your residence so that potential buyers can see all of its possibilities. Check them out:
- Clearing clutter
- Painting using neutrals
- Giving each space a defined purpose
1. Clearing Clutter. A critical part of preparing your home to sell is clearing away clutter to create a blank canvas. While the amount and arrangement of items in your home may appear normal to you, spaces that are overly filled will stand out to buyers.
So pare down items in your closets to showcase their spaciousness. This may mean giving away clothes or shoes you no longer wear. Reduce any clutter on kitchen and bathroom counters, and in drawers—inquisitive buyers will check these areas, too. Besides, you want to showoff your home’s storage space. Store away tchotchkes and other personal effects to make sure your rooms look as clutter-free as possible.
2. Painting using neutrals. If you plan to freshen up your interiors with a new coat of paint, consider using neutrals. A neutral palette can help ensure that colors don’t overpower your spaces, or buyers.
3. Giving each space a defined purpose. Each room and space in your home should have a clear purpose. A spare room can be set up as a home office. Transform a window seat into a reading nook using a few well-placed books and a throw. Carve out a breakfast bar using stools and place settings.
It’s okay if you’re unsure or uncomfortable with making some of these decisions about your home. If that is the case, it may be in your best interest to bring in a home stager.
Related: Should you hire a home stager to sell your luxury home in Naples?
Question #3. What needs to be disclosed to buyers?
Your real estate agent will advise you on what needs to be disclosed to potential homebuyers, since disclosure laws can vary from state to state. Common issues that should be shared include: water drainage problems, the presence of pests, lead paint, and neighborhood nuisances.
Find out how much your home is worth now!
Are You Buying or Selling a Home in Naples?
Selling your home is a big deal, so you need to work with a REALTOR® who can get it right. We know how to market your home to all the right buyers, regardless of its price point. We’ll help you sell your home quickly and at the best possible price!
If you’re looking for a home for sale in Naples, we’re here to help. We specialize in luxury real estate and can show you any listing. In the meantime, please feel free to explore what’s available now: ..
- Pelican Bay homes for sale
- Homes for sale in 34102
- Homes for sale in gated communities in Naples
- Golf course homes for sale in Naples
- Aqualane Shores luxury homes for sale
- Old Naples homes for sale
- Homes for sale in Talis Park, Naples
- Park Shore (Naples) homes for sale
- Homes for sale in Moorings
- Condos for sale in Moorings
- Coquina Sands homes for sale
- Tiburon homes for sale
- Grey Oaks homes for sale
- Pine Ridge homes for sale
- Homes for sale in Pelican Marsh
You can also browse all Naples homes for sale.
FREE Home Valuation
Fill out the form below and we will send you a FREE NO OBLIGATION CMA on your home that includes your homes' true value in todays market, recent nearby sold comparisons, pending properties and more valuable market data.