Naples is well on its way to a full recovery after the storm, but this resilient gem of the Gulf never lost its shine. If you’re thinking about buying a home here to stroll along white sands, dip into the warm Gulf, tee off on manicured greens, or to enjoy fine dining, shopping, and lively entertainment, take a moment to scan this snapshot of its real estate market and economy, as well as that of the Southwest Florida region. Only then can you make the best decision possible about settling down in this idyllic city—whether you choose a luxury home in Naples, or an incredible property elsewhere in lovely Southwest Florida.
Key September 2022 Market Statistics for Naples and Southwest Florida
Here’s what you need to know about the dynamics of the real estate market in Naples and Southwest Florida for September 2022:
- The median sales price for single-family homes and condominiums in Naples continued to rise, increasing by more than 22 percent from September 2021 to September 2022, which is indicative of the city’s inherent value.
- The median sales price for single-family homes in Collier County increased from $650,000 in September 2021 to $725,000 in September 2022, according to data from Florida Gulf Coast University (FGCU).
- In September 2022 homes for sale in Naples sold within a median time of 26 days after being listed—down from 31 days in the previous month. Residences are selling faster. So if you find a home you love, you should act swiftly.
- Coastal counties saw a total of 1,484 single-family home sales in September 2022, FGCU reported. That’s a 26 percent jump from the previous month—a testament to the lasting allure of Paradise Coast.
- Home inventory in Naples increased by 54.4 percent, which means you have even more opportunities to find your dream home. With more residences to choose from, you may have more leverage with sellers when you go to negotiate a deal.
Other Significant Statistics That May Mean Now is a Great Time to Buy in Naples
Consider these facts when gauging the health of Southwest Florida’s local economy, especially if you happen to be thinking about opening a business after you move to Naples:
- Tourist tax revenues in Collier County totaled $4.6 million in June 2022, an uptick of 1 percent from the previous month, and an increase of 3 percent from June 2021, according to data from FGCU.
- Seasonally-adjusted tourist tax revenues in Lee County amounted to $5.7 million in June 2022, which was a 4 percent dip from the previous month, and 10 percent less than the June 2021 measure.
- Collier County’s seasonally-adjusted taxable sales totaled $1.166 billion in July 2022, which was up 4 percent from the same time last year, but down by 3 percent from June 2022.
- Seasonally-adjusted taxable sales in Lee County were $1.893 billion in July 2022, a rise of 5 percent from July 2021, but 2 percent lower than June 2022.
- Seasonally-adjusted taxable sales in the Southwest Florida region totaled $3.472 billion in July 2022, a rise of 5 percent from July 2021, but still 3 percent lower than in June 2022, per FGCU.
- Unemployment in Collier County was 2.4 percent in September 2022—.9 percent lower than the same time last year.
- The seasonally-adjusted unemployment rate in Lee County was 2.6 percent in September 2022, down 1.4 percent from September 2021.
- The Southwest Florida region’s seasonally-adjusted unemployment rate was 2.6 percent in September 2022—1.3 percent down from the same time last year.
- Although total airport passenger traffic for RSW, PGD, and SRQ in August 2022 fell 13 percent from July 2022—and passenger traffic at RSW in August 2022 was down 8 percent from July 2022, those figures may improve with the holiday travel season, and as the cold winter months inspire increased visits to our state.
Are You Buying or Selling a Home in Naples?
Selling your home is a big deal, so you need to work with a REALTOR® who can get it right. We know how to market your home to all the right buyers, regardless of its price point. We’ll help you sell your home quickly and at the best possible price!
If you’re looking for a home for sale in Naples, we’re here to help. We specialize in luxury real estate and can show you any listing. In the meantime, please feel free to explore what’s available now:
- Pelican Bay homes for sale
- Homes for sale in 34102
- Homes for sale in gated communities in Naples
- Golf course homes for sale in Naples
- Aqualane Shores luxury homes for sale
- Old Naples homes for sale
- Homes for sale in Talis Park, Naples
- Park Shore (Naples) homes for sale
- Homes for sale in Moorings
- Condos for sale in Moorings
- Coquina Sands homes for sale
- Tiburon homes for sale
- Grey Oaks homes for sale
- Pine Ridge homes for sale
- Homes for sale in Pelican Marsh
You can also browse all Naples homes for sale.