If you’re thinking about retiring in Naples, you’re not alone. But where will you take your grandkids when they visit? This guide explains five of the best places to take grandkids in Naples.
The 5 Best Places to Take Your Grandkids When They Visit You in Naples
Check out these five fabulous places you – and your grandkids – will love:
- Golisano Children’s Museum of Naples
- Naples Zoo at Caribbean Gardens
- Naples Train Museum
- Cambier Park
- The Naples Preserve
Here’s a closer look at each.
Place #1 to Take Your Grandkids in Naples: Golisano Children’s Museum of Naples
Address: 15080 Livingston Rd, Naples, FL 34109
Hours: Monday – Saturday, 9am – 4pm; Sunday, 12pm – 4pm
The Golisano Children’s Museum of Naples is a great place to take your grandkids. There are plenty of interactive exhibits and activities for them to enjoy. Highlights of the museum include:
- The Naples Preserve. The Naples Preserve is a hands-on exhibit where kids can learn about the plants and animals that live in the Naples area.
- The Global Gallery. This exhibit lets kids explore different cultures through art, music and dance.
- The WonderLab. The WonderLab is a place where kids can experiment with science. They can learn about the human body, rockets and more.
Admission to the museum is $12 for adults and $10 for children (ages 2 through 12). Seniors (65+) and military personnel get a discount.
Related: 11 great reasons to retire in Naples
Place #2 to Take Your Grandkids in Naples: Naples Zoo at Caribbean Gardens
Address: 1590 Goodlette-Frank Rd, Naples, FL 34102
Hours: Daily, 9am – 5pm
The Naples Zoo is incredibly kid-friendly. Your favorite kids will love seeing the animals and learning about them. Some of the zoo’s most popular attractions include:
- The African Safari. This is a guided tour through the African savanna where you can see lions, giraffes and more.
- The Primate Expedition Cruise. This boat ride takes you through an island habitat where you can see monkeys, apes and lemurs.
- The Alligator Bayou. This is a wetlands habitat where you can see alligators, turtles and other reptiles.
Admission to the zoo is $22.95 for adults and $16.95 for children (ages 3 through 12). Seniors (65+) get a discount.
Place #3 to Take Your Grandkids in Naples: Naples Train Museum
Address: 1051 5th Ave S, Naples, FL 34102
Hours: Monday – Saturday, 10am – 4pm; Sunday, 12pm – 4pm
All aboard! The Naples Train Museum is a great place to take your grandkids if they love trains. They can learn about the history of trains in Collier County and see some vintage locomotives. The museum also has a model train display and a kids’ play area. Admission to the museum is $7 for adults and $5 for children (ages 3 through 12). Seniors (65+) and military personnel get a discount.
Related: The best things for retirees to do in Naples
Place #4 to Take Your Grandkids in Naples: Cambier Park
Address: 755 8th Ave S, Naples, FL 34102
Hours: Daily, dawn to dusk
Cambier Park is the perfect place to let your grandkids blow off some steam and run wild. The park has a playground, tennis courts, a basketball court and a swimming pool. The park also has a band shell where you can catch free concerts in the summer.
Place #5 to Take Your Grandkids in Naples: The Naples Preserve
Address: 1660 Goodlette-Frank Rd, Naples, FL 34102
Hours: Tuesday – Saturday, 9am – 4pm; Sunday, 12pm – 4pm
The Naples Preserve is beautiful, and it’s a fabulous place for kids and grandparents to spend time together. The preserve has walking trails, a butterfly garden and an exhibit hall with information about the plants and animals that live there. Admission to the preserve is free.
Related: How to downsize for retirement
Are You Buying or Selling a Home in Naples?
Selling your home is a big deal, so you need to work with a REALTOR® who can get it right. We know how to market your home to all the right buyers, regardless of its price point. We’ll help you sell your home quickly and at the best possible price!
If you’re looking for a home for sale in Naples, we’re here to help. We specialize in luxury real estate and can show you any listing. In the meantime, please feel free to explore what’s available now:
- Pelican Bay homes for sale
- Homes for sale in 34102
- Homes for sale in gated communities in Naples
- Golf course homes for sale in Naples
- Aqualane Shores luxury homes for sale
- Old Naples homes for sale
- Homes for sale in Talis Park, Naples
- Park Shore (Naples) homes for sale
- Homes for sale in Moorings
- Condos for sale in Moorings
- Coquina Sands homes for sale
- Tiburon homes for sale
- Grey Oaks homes for sale
- Pine Ridge homes for sale
- Homes for sale in Pelican Marsh
You can also browse all Naples homes for sale.
FREE Home Valuation
Fill out the form below and we will send you a FREE NO OBLIGATION CMA on your home that includes your homes' true value in todays market, recent nearby sold comparisons, pending properties and more valuable market data.