When you buy a luxury home in Southwest Florida you may fall in love with its architecture, spaciousness, and the layout and flow of its rooms. Sometimes you admire the style of a residence and want to keep certain furnishings, like sofas and chairs, or perhaps a pair of end tables. There are times, though, that a home has such unique character that you want to keep all of its items so that each time you walk through the front door you can live the vibe that captured your heart—not to mention not have to worry yourself about acquiring all of the things that help make a home livable.
So what exacty are the differences between homes for sale in Naples that come furnished, and residences that are considered to be turnkey?
What Are the Differences Between Turnkey Homes for Sale in Naples, and Homes That Are ‘Furnished’?
The primary difference between a turnkey home and one that’s furnished, or partially furnished, is a matter of the degree to which the residence is ready for a potential homebuyer to inhabit. A furnished, or partially furnished, home is one where a home seller includes certain furnishings for the potential buyer—for instance a sofa and chairs, or end tables and lamps. A turnkey home, however, includes much, much more for the buyer. Let’s take a closer look at what is likely to be included in your purchase of a turnkey home.
Here’s What a Turnkey Home Typically Offers
A turnkey home is one that’s ready for you to move into as soon as you get your hands on the keys. It comes with more than a few furnishings offered by the seller. The residence is outfitted with everything you need as if you had already been living there—without you having to lift a finger (except for bringing your own personal things, of course). This may include these items in the following areas:
Indoor living spaces
- Sofas, ottomans, chairs, and bar stools
- Coffee tables, end tables, console tables, dining tables and chairs, hutches, and wall mirrors
- Table lamps, tabletop sculptures, vases, and other accessories
- Area rugs and throw pillows
- Electronics like televisions, stereos, and sound systems
Outdoor living spaces
- Seating, lounge chairs and umbrellas, and coffee tables
- Lanai dining sets
- Small appliances, including a coffee maker, toaster, and blender
- Pots, pans, and other cookware
- Plates, bowls, cups, coffee mugs, and wine glasses
- Flatware and serving utensils
- Serving dishes and platters
- A washer and dryer
- Cleaning utensils, including a vacuum, broom, and mop
Bedrooms, baths, offices, and den
In the bedroom this not only includes bed frames, but mattresses and bed dressings, including sheets, comforters, and pillows. Other bedroom furnishings include:
- Bunk and Murphy beds
- Dressers and armoires
- Chairs, nightstands, and lamps
- Bath towels
- Office desks and chairs
- Decor and home accessories, including vases, candle holders, and throw pillows
What’s Not Likely to Be Included in a Turnkey Home?
Here’s what’s not usually included in the sale of a turnkey home:
- Vehicles like cars, boats, golf carts, kayaks, bicycles, and recreational items like golf clubs, tennis rackets, and baseball bats
- Personal property, like clothes, family photos, trophies, and books
- The seller’s favorite items, like family heirlooms and cherished vintage pieces
- Work tools, including drills, hammers, saws, pressure washers, and boxes of tools
- Electronics like personal computers, printers, routers, and items like CDs and DVDs
Benefits of a Turnkey Property for Buyers and Sellers
It’s important to keep in mind that each home sale can be unique in the terms agreed upon between a buyer and a seller.
Benefits for sellers
- Not having to store, or pack up and move, lots of furnishings and items while your home is on the market, or once it sells. This can be especially helpful if your property is a second home or a vacation rental property and you don’t have another residence in the state to which you can move your belongings. Or, if you’re downsizing to a smaller residence that can’t accommodate all of your furnishings.
As a seller, it may be helpful to remove items from your home that you plan to keep before you put your residence on the market.
Benefits for buyers
- The ease of being able to move into a home without having to spend the time and effort to furnish it
- If you plan to seasonally rent out your residence as a vacation property, it’s already fully furnished and ready to rent
- If you eventually plan to purchase new furnishings, you can do so at your convenience since your home already contains everything you need
Be sure to work with your REALTOR® to identify the turnkey inclusions and exclusions that should be a part of your listing agreement or purchase agreement. If you establish a turnkey agreement after purchase terms are agreed upon, your agent will manage those changes.
Are You Buying or Selling a Home in Naples?
Selling your home is a big deal, so you need to work with a REALTOR® who can get it right. We know how to market your home to all the right buyers, regardless of its price point. We’ll help you sell your home quickly and at the best possible price!
If you’re looking for a home for sale in Naples, we’re here to help. We specialize in luxury real estate and can show you any listing. In the meantime, please feel free to explore what’s available now:..
- Pelican Bay homes for sale
- Homes for sale in 34102
- Homes for sale in gated communities in Naples
- Golf course homes for sale in Naples
- Aqualane Shores luxury homes for sale
- Old Naples homes for sale
- Homes for sale in Talis Park, Naples
- Park Shore (Naples) homes for sale
- Homes for sale in Moorings
- Condos for sale in Moorings
- Coquina Sands homes for sale
- Tiburon homes for sale
- Grey Oaks homes for sale
- Pine Ridge homes for sale
- Homes for sale in Pelican Marsh
You can also browse all Naples homes for sale.
FREE Home Valuation
Fill out the form below and we will send you a FREE NO OBLIGATION CMA on your home that includes your homes' true value in todays market, recent nearby sold comparisons, pending properties and more valuable market data.