If you’re thinking about buying a vacation home in Naples, you’re not alone – this is one of the most desirable getaways in the continental United States. But purchasing a vacation home in Naples is a big deal, so this guide is here to get you started on your journey.
Buying a Vacation Home in Naples: Everything You Need to Know
Whether you’re coming from the frigid temperatures of winter in Manhattan, Boston or another northern city or you’re looking for an escape from the everyday where you’ll get plenty of sun, sand and surf, buying a vacation home in Naples is a great idea. This city is known for its white, sandy beaches, fabulous restaurants, award-winning golf courses and laid-back lifestyle.
So where do you start?
For most people, the best possible way to dive into the idea of buying a vacation home in Naples is to talk about options with a local REALTOR®. Tell your REALTOR what you’re looking for, whether you want a high-rise condo on the beach so you can sip tea on the balcony overlooking the sand, a dog-friendly neighborhood with water access, or a spectacular getaway you can use as a home base for shopping, dining and entertaining.
From there, you can examine the potential benefits of owning a vacation home in your favorite spot, such as:
- Savings on future rental costs
- Possible income generation
- Appreciating real estate values
- A ready-to-go retirement home
Here’s a closer look at each of these benefits.
Benefit #1 of Buying a Vacation Home in Naples: Savings on Future Rental Costs
If you typically vacation in Naples for more than a few weeks each year, you know how expensive rental properties are – and buying a vacation home may actually save you money. In fact, your annual mortgage payments may be less than what you pay in vacation rental costs when you visit.
Benefit #2 of Buying a Vacation Home in Naples: Possible Income Generation
When you’re not vacationing in Naples, you may choose to rent out your home and generate enough income to make your monthly mortgage payments for an entire year.
Related: Naples, FL history
Benefit #3 of Buying a Vacation Home in Naples: Appreciating Real Estate Values
In popular vacation destinations, real estate tends to appreciate. Although there’s no guarantee on whether your vacation home will increase in value over time, it may be a good long-term investment for you.
Benefit #4 of Buying a Vacation Home in Naples: A Ready-to-Go Retirement Home
If you choose to retire in Naples, you already own a home here – and you can pack up your belongings and make your next vacation a permanent one.
Why Buy a Vacation Home in Naples?
If you’re reading this, there’s a pretty good chance that you already know that Naples is a spectacular place to live, work and play. However, here are some of the other reasons many people feel Naples is the perfect spot to own a vacation home:
- Naples has all the sun, sand and spray you could ever want. With miles of white, sandy beaches – some private and some public – it’s the perfect place to spend time with the sea.
- There are dozens of award-winning restaurants in Naples, making it one of the fine-dining capitals of the American South.
- Upscale shopping is always moments from your front door when you buy a vacation home in Naples, whether you live in Coquina Sands, Port Royal, Vanderbilt Beach or elsewhere.
- Golf is a way of life in Naples, with fabulous courses and clubs (including the world-renowned Tiburón Golf Club) within close proximity to each other.
There are myriad other reasons to buy a vacation home in Naples, as well – but because you’re here, we’re sure that you’re already familiar with most of them. We’d love to talk to you about your options, so call our office today to let us know what you’re looking for.
Are You Buying or Selling a Home in Naples?
Selling your home is a big deal, so you need to work with a REALTOR® who can get it right. We know how to market your home to all the right buyers, regardless of its price point. We’ll help you sell your home quickly and at the best possible price!
If you’re looking for a home for sale in Naples, we’re here to help. We specialize in luxury real estate and can show you any listing. In the meantime, please feel free to explore what’s available now:
- Pelican Bay homes for sale
- Homes for sale in 34102
- Homes for sale in gated communities in Naples
- Golf course homes for sale in Naples
- Aqualane Shores luxury homes for sale
- Old Naples homes for sale
- Homes for sale in Talis Park, Naples
- Park Shore (Naples) homes for sale
- Homes for sale in Moorings
- Condos for sale in Moorings
- Coquina Sands homes for sale
- Tiburon homes for sale
- Grey Oaks homes for sale
- Pine Ridge homes for sale
- Homes for sale in Pelican Marsh
You can also browse all Naples homes for sale.