If you’re like many people, you’ve seen “For Sale” signs go up and come down within a week all over Naples – it’s easy to see that homes are selling very quickly. When homes sell fast, the market is hot… so do you really need to work with a REALTOR®, or can you sell your house yourself?
This guide explains.
Homes Are Selling Fast – So Do I Need a REALTOR®?
When homes sell quickly, it may look like you can handle all the heavy lifting yourself. While that’s true, to an extent, you have to know what the “heavy lifting” entails. After you discover what an agent will do for you, especially in a hot market, you’ll determine that you do need a REALTOR – and not just any REALTOR, but the right one.
What Will the Right REALTOR do for You in a Hot Market?
First things first: REALTORs understand what it takes to sell homes, how to find qualified buyers and how to handle the complex legal paperwork that’s required in any real estate transaction. That means when you work with a REALTOR, they’ll:
- Figure out what you need to do to make your home easier to sell
- List your home on major listing websites (that only brokerages and agents have the ability to list homes on)
- Promote your home to all the right people
- Weed through buyers that may not be a good fit for your home
- Ensure you’re on the right side of fair housing laws
- Fill out and file all the legal paperwork necessary to sell a home, including federal, state and local documents
- Handle all the behind-the-scenes work of ensuring your transaction goes off without a hitch
- Coordinate between the buyer’s agent, your lender, the title agency and closing attorneys
- Facilitate the exchange of money (such as the earnest money deposit) and ensure it’s legally locked away when necessary
- Help ensure that you’re getting the best possible price for your home through negotiation with buyers
Your REALTOR will be there to help you avoid sticky situations, legal troubles and short-changing, too. Real estate transactions can be incredibly complex, which means that you need someone who understands them in your corner – even if the market is hot and houses are selling like hotcakes.
The best way to find the right REALTOR to sell your home in a hot market is to talk to agents who deal in high-dollar listings. You need to find an agent who has the knowledge necessary to sell a home that has a very limited number of potential buyers (like those in the $1 million-and-up range) so you can be sure your house is in good hands.
Are You Buying or Selling a Home in Naples?
Selling your home is a big deal, so you need to work with a REALTOR® who can get it right. We know how to market your home to all the right buyers, regardless of its price point. We’ll help you sell your home quickly and at the best possible price!
If you’re looking for a home for sale in Naples, we’re here to help. We specialize in luxury real estate and can show you any listing. In the meantime, please feel free to explore what’s available now:
- Pelican Bay homes for sale
- Homes for sale in 34102
- Homes for sale in gated communities in Naples
- Golf course homes for sale in Naples
- Aqualane Shores luxury homes for sale
- Old Naples homes for sale
- Homes for sale in Talis Park, Naples
- Park Shore (Naples) homes for sale
- Homes for sale in Moorings
- Condos for sale in Moorings
- Coquina Sands homes for sale
- Tiburon homes for sale
- Grey Oaks homes for sale
- Pine Ridge homes for sale
- Homes for sale in Pelican Marsh
You can also browse all Naples homes for sale.