Should You Install Artificial Turf in Your Yard? Pros and Cons to Consider
Naples is populated with elegant homes with manicured lawns. And let’s face it: You probably don’t have much time to do yard work–and if you do, you may prefer not to do it! So, you may have lawn professionals who service your yard to keep it looking its very best. But have you ever thought about installing artificial turf, a.k.a. fake grass, in any portion of your landscape? Consider these pros and cons.
Consider the Pros
- The latest innovations in artificial turf look more and more like the real thing, and give your landscape an instant and perpetual lush green appearance.
- One of the biggest benefits of artificial turf is that your lawn won’t need to be mowed. It also means that you won’t need to edge and trim around bushes, trees, and sidewalks. What does this ultimately mean? You may be able to greatly reduce your monthly expenses for professional yard maintenance.
- An artificial lawn is durable, and can last for as many as 20 years and require little maintenance.
- Many manufacturers of synthetic grass incorporate recycled materials into their products, such as tires or plastic bottles, which can help reduce your carbon footprint.
- Fake grass conserves water, since it only requires periodic watering to remove dust from the surface–but this may not be necessary in regions where it rains consistently. Turf can be the perfect solution for drought prone climates. Artificial grass eliminates the threat of groundwater pollution, since it doesn’t need to be fertilized. It also helps lessen air and noise pollution, because you’ll have no need for gas-guzzling lawnmowers and trimmers.
Consider the Cons
- Artificial grass can be pricey.
- Since artificial grass is synthetic it can absorb heat, which means it may feel hot under bare feet in direct sun.
- If your four-legged friend inadvertently relieves itself on the turf, liquids will pass through and solids can be removed, but some odors may linger. Smells can be removed with a vinegar and water solution.
- Small debris that can’t be removed from synthetic grass with a leaf blower, like mulch chips and tiny branches, will need to be lifted from the turf using an artificial grass sweeper or a turf rake.
At Alexandra Janz AJ International Group Naples, the team of Alexandra Janz & Juergen Haeringer, Broker Associates & Luxury Properties Specialists with William Raveis-Florida, LLC, help clients realize their dreams of purchasing a luxury home and basking in the glow of the Naples and Southwest Florida luxury lifestyle. Alexandra is not only an expert in the real estate market in Naples and Southwest Florida, but in international markets as well.
Are You Buying or Selling a Home in Naples?
Selling your home is a big deal, so you need to work with a REALTOR® who can get it right. We know how to market your home to all the right buyers, regardless of its price point. We’ll help you sell your home quickly and at the best possible price!
If you’re looking for a home for sale in Naples, we’re here to help. We specialize in luxury real estate and can show you any listing. In the meantime, please feel free to explore what’s available now: .
- Pelican Bay homes for sale
- Homes for sale in 34102
- Homes for sale in gated communities in Naples
- Golf course homes for sale in Naples
- Aqualane Shores luxury homes for sale
- Old Naples homes for sale
- Homes for sale in Talis Park, Naples
- Park Shore (Naples) homes for sale
- Homes for sale in Moorings
- Condos for sale in Moorings
- Coquina Sands homes for sale
- Tiburon homes for sale
- Grey Oaks homes for sale
- Pine Ridge homes for sale
- Homes for sale in Pelican Marsh
You can also browse all Naples homes for sale.
FREE Home Valuation
Fill out the form below and we will send you a FREE NO OBLIGATION CMA on your home that includes your homes' true value in todays market, recent nearby sold comparisons, pending properties and more valuable market data.